Thursday, November 3, 2016

Those Aren't My Turkeys!!

Two new turkeys are wandering around the pasture by where the breeding toms are penned this morning. There are wild turkey here, they will on occasion fight with my birds or try to steal my hens' poults. Generally, I try to keep the wild ones away,

But these two wild turkeys I believe have 'adopted' one of our neighbors. I think this is the mom and (now grown) baby that have been hanging out in the horse paddock down the road. They spent quite a bit of time here last summer, too.

My dogs won't do anything about this mess, turkeys aren't part of their job description and uness specifically asked to herd one they will leave even wild turkeys completely alone. Apparently the dogs do not differientiate between my turkeys or wild turkeys.

I have no desire for mutt turkeys or for dealing with the diseases the wild turkeys may bring, so I never try to shoo them in with my birds or feed them so they stick around. They just do this sometimes. I did chase them away once, but as you can see it didn't do me very much good...

Enjoy the pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment