Monday, November 7, 2016

Shed Progress (part 7)

The shed is coming together well. Working between rainstorms has made the progress kind of slow, also I'm getting a little bit too big and awkward to want to climb a ladder or do too much of anything at once.

Here's the latest progress.


The morning after the initial concrete pour, we laid rebar and poured more on top of that. Ideally it should have been done in one pour, but I'm doing the best I can here! Levelled to the best of my ability. In truth, I'm beyond caring about this being totally level or square. It isn't, and I'm over it.

I put bolts in for the baseplate that had to go in the front. Cutting the baseplate to fit around that loft support post and the holes for the bolts was quite the chore.


Framing the walls in. 2X6 framing, yada yada. 16" on center. This is happening a lot faster than the cordwood wall, let me tell you!


I painted the floor with Drylok concrete sealant, also the baseplates and insides of the cinder blocks. I want to keep the damp out! I haven't quite achieved this yet but now when it rains almost no water gets inside. So, almost... we're workin on it.


Plywood undersheathing. It's starting to look like a real building now!!

We purchased a roll of homewrap for the vapor barrier. There is still one more wall to finish before I wrap three walls of this shed in plastic like a burrito.


Remember the porch poles I was peeling and lopping? All finished, I could have done a better job but these poles are going to live outside anyway... pole prep is more time consuming than you might imagine!

In these pictures I've covered the bottom of the poles in tar. This is supposed to slow the poles from rotting off in the ground. They are all ready to plant now.


So that's the latest and greatest with the shed. If progress keeps up this fast, it may actually get rough finished by the time it gets really cold. We'll see...


No comments:

Post a Comment