Monday, November 14, 2016

Shed Progress (part 8)

I'm still plugging away at my studio shed project. I've made some real progress the last couple of weeks! This is good, but it still needs more work done to it, and very soon. Working on ths project has become pretty difficult for me physically, I'm pretty pregnant these days. So, I have been getting help wherever I can and doing whatever else I can for myself.


The wall framing is complete now. The white paint below is masonry sealer...


The cordwood section is completed!!! Finally, yay! I fitted a 2x4 plate above the wall for the plywood sheathing to be nailed onto.


The door, we had a lot of trouble with this but Dad finally got it wedged into its framing. I'm really happy about this because it keeps the bugs out. I still need to put a doorknob on, but the hard part is all finished.


The plywood sheathing is complete now! The shed is now officially an enclosed structure.

Here's the next step I did, taping up the seams between the plywood pieces with hurricane tape. The tape was just laying around in storage. This should add an extra layer of wind and weather protection. And because bugs, that's why.


Here is the cordwood wall, being treated with liseed oil to preserve the ends. The oil really makes a difference in the look of the wall!


So there's the current status of the studio shed. The next step is to wrap it in Tyvek vapor barrier, then I will either put the porch on it or insulate it after that.

This hay shed project is turning out to be very complicated and interesting. I do think the end result will be worth it though.


No comments:

Post a Comment