Monday, September 5, 2016

Cordwood Shed Build (Part 3)

Progress on the shed the last week or so has been slow because of off-farm obligations. The project is going at a snail's pace, but it really is starting to look cool.

Last week I got the loft shortened and a temporary wall up. Here's what's gotten done this week.


More wall progress, it's been really slow going. More pieces of different sizes cut, you can see them being incorporated into the wall here.


Framing for a window that I have been hoarding for years, moved with me through two moves and am finally finding a beautiful happy home for!


The window is block glass, and only 5 inches deep so I thought framing would be a better idea than mortaring this directly into the wall. We'll see how it goes...


Dug, placed and staked more blocks for the wall where I had the temporary framing from the loft piece that was cut out. The addition is eventually going onto this wall, and I plan to make it a step higher than the part I'm working on now.


In other news, we've bought more concrete for a floor pour, and more mortar, which I suspect wasn't quite enough more.

The next couple of weeks will be busy, but I will plug away at the project as I'm able to find time. The concrete burns on my hands from torn gloves need to heal before I mix any more mortar or concrete. I've gotten new gloves but am still not quite ready to tackle more mortaring. Ouch.


No comments:

Post a Comment